OMAFRA is partnering with Rural Oxford Economic Development Corporation to deliver a one-day training session focusing on stages one and two of the BR+E process. This training will take place in Embro, Ontario on Thursday April 26, 2018.
This training session is geared towards:
- individuals who are interested in managing or coordinating a community level BR+E project
- economic development professionals who will be involved in the implementation of a BR+E project
The objectives of the session are to provide attendees with:
- an understanding of the role of a BR+E project coordinator
- an overview of the benefits of BR+E and its role as a component of economic development
- the knowledge required to assess a community’s readiness for BR+E
- the skills required to effectively oversee and conduct business interviews
Fee: $55 plus tax (includes a copy of the BR+E Coordinator’s Manual and additional resource templates) Attendance is by registration only.
Click here to register.
OMAFRA’s Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) program is a structured action-oriented and community-based approach to business and economic development. It promotes job growth by helping communities learn about issues as well as opportunities for local businesses, and sets priorities for projects to address these needs.