The 10thannual Municipal Agriculture Economic Development and Planning Forum is being held October 3 and 4th, hosted by the County of Wellington and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
Explore Wellington County on a bus tour on October 3rd, with local food lunch and dinner included. Learn about different agriculture-related businesses and how you can support similar agriculture activities in your region.
Tour locations include:
- Angelstone International Show Jumping Tournaments
- Rootham Gourmet Preserves
- Strom’s Farm and Bakery
- Mapleton’s Organic Dairy
- Elora Brewing Company
On October 4th, take in a full day of local food, networking and learning. Join us for speakers and panel presentations highlighting best practices from practitioners in Wellington County and beyond.
- Revitalizing Rural Economic Development
- How Municipalities Are Supporting Agriculture and Local Food
- Welcoming Newcomers to Rural Communities
- Planning + Economic Development: Tips for a Successful Journey
- Legalizing Cannabis and Emerging Opportunities
This is an opportunity for those involved in municipal and local economic development or planning that have agriculture and food in their portfolio to network, share success and collaborate within the sector.
Register today! Please visit the event website at www.wellington.ca/agforum.