On September 14, 2021, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) in cooperation with Canadian Trade Commissioners Services in the Philippines is hosting a webinar for Ontario’s food and beverage suppliers. The webinar will discuss opportunities to export food and beverage products to the Philippines.
Participating Ontario food and beverage suppliers will learn about pertinent information in exporting to importers and retailers in the Philippines and will also have an opportunity to be introduced to consolidators, importers, prominent retailers, and trade commissioners who are engaged in Southeast Asian markets.
Increasing exports and diversifying export markets is fundamental to the competitiveness and growth of Ontario Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), as well as the overall economic health and growth of the province.
Market opportunities for Ontario include:
- Growing populations and ongoing urbanization in Southeast Asian markets
- Increased consumption of higher value food & beverage products because of shared interests on trade agreements
- The growth of the Philippines’ economy and their rising incomes amongst the growing middle class
- Ontario’s previous success in exporting to the Philippines, including CAD $50.21 million worth of agri-food and beverage products in 2020
- The Philippines being a net importer of agri-food products in 2018, with Canada being its thirteenth largest supplier
To learn more and capitalize on these opportunities, register on the event homepage.
Leave a Reply