If your community is looking for ways to support your local agriculture sector; consider attending the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) online Agriculture Economic Development Training.
The course is split into two sessions and registration is free.
- Wednesday March 30, 10am – 11:30am
- Wednesday April 13, 10am – 11:30am
This interactive webinar training will:
- Share key agriculture economic development concepts
- Introduce the range of agriculture economic development activities your community can explore
- Give you tools to develop a plan for agricultural economic development in your community
- Provide an overview of the Agriculture Economic Development guide and its three stages: Plant, Grow and Harvest.
Who should attend:
Economic developers, land-use planners, municipal councils and community leaders who want to explore agriculture as an economic development opportunity are encouraged to register.
OMAFRA’s Agriculture Economic Development training has received a lot of positive feedback for being interactive, informative, and resourceful. The training sessions provide a foundation for people who want to advance agricultural development in their respective communities. Here’s what some of our past attendees have said:
- “The content and the diversity of information. Great overview, great examples, great mix of knowledgeable speakers!”
- “Good info and “soft” tips to really help your project succeed. Great examples and resources provided.”
- “Great presenters, great material. New resource material very much appreciated. Find the training to be empowering. There is a spot for all to support agriculture. It is not just the Farmer responsibility.”
Interested in learning more about Agriculture Economic Development training, email us or call 1-877-424-1300 to connect with your local regional economic development advisor.