Ontario is providing rural communities, businesses and organizations, with funding to help attract investment, create jobs, and boost tourism, through a renewed Rural Economic Development (RED) program. The renewed program will now have two streams for applications: a Community Development Stream and a Business Development Stream. For projects to qualify under either stream, applicants must demonstrate how their project benefits rural Ontario.
- October 2, 2015 to January 15, 2016;
- January 16, 2016 to April 15, 2016;
- April 16, 2016 to July 15, 2016;
- July 16, 2016 to October 15, 2016;
- October 16, 2016 to January 15, 2017.
With support from the Rural Economic Development program, rural Ontario will be better positioned to:
- Attract investment and create high-value jobs as well as train and sustain a highly-skilled, knowledge-based workforce capable of succeeding in today’s global economy
- Promote innovative and creative local industries that can translate ideas into products and services for a global market.
For more information on the renewed RED program, please visit our website.