Ontario is providing rural communities, businesses and organizations, with funding to help attract investment, create jobs, and boost tourism, through a renewed Rural Economic Development (RED) program. The renewed program will now have two streams for applications: a Community Development Stream and a Business Development Stream. For projects to qualify under either stream, applicants must demonstrate how their project benefits rural Ontario.
The RED program is now open and will accept applications on the following dates:
- October 2, 2015 to January 15, 2016;
- January 16, 2016 to April 15, 2016;
- April 16, 2016 to July 15, 2016;
- July 16, 2016 to October 15, 2016;
- October 16, 2016 to January 15, 2017.
With support from the Rural Economic Development program, rural Ontario will be better positioned to:
- Attract investment and create high-value jobs as well as train and sustain a highly-skilled, knowledge-based workforce capable of succeeding in today’s global economy
- Promote innovative and creative local industries that can translate ideas into products and services for a global market.
For more information on the renewed RED program, please visit our website.
Leave a Reply