The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) is a five-year, $3-billion commitment by Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial governments that supports Canada’s agri-food and agri-product sectors.
On November 4th , the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) opened to receive applications from Ontario food processors and other agri-businesses. This intake is tailored to agri-food businesses looking to increase food safety, develop new markets and expand their operations with the goal of increasing competitiveness, prosperity and sustainability. Cost-share funding under the Partnership is merit-based, and project funding amounts are individually established based on project categories.
Applications can be submitted until November 26, 2019 at 5:00pm EDT.
Cost-share funding priority areas
Processors and Other Agri-businesses can apply for cost-share funding to support projects within the following priority areas:
- Development and commercialization of technology or equipment to increase labour productivity for farmers and processors
- Economic development in the agri-food and agri-based products sectors
- Protection and assurance in food safety and plant and animal health
Learn more about CAP
To learn more about the cost-share funding program for Processors and Other Businesses, register to attend a free webinar on November 14, 2019 at 9:30 to 10:30am, by completing our online registration form or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how to apply:
- Online program guides, and application forms: ontario.ca/agpartnership
- Applications can be submitted online at: www.ontarioprograms.net
- Applicants who are unable to apply online can request an electronic and/or hard-copy of the program guide, application, and project information forms by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-877-424-1300.