Sobeys Ontario held two Local Supplier Partner Roadshows to help their suppliers grow their businesses on February 4th in Ajax and February 5th in Hamilton. Over 372 people from local Ontario agri-food businesses attended each event.
The Local Supplier Partner Roadshows were composed of:
- Presentations by Sheri Evans, Sobeys Local Development Manager who provided an overview of the Sobeys Local program, and;
- Interactive panels who answered questions about working with the Sobeys stores and growing their brands.
Participants learned some key tips for success which included:
- Best practices on working with Sobeys;
- Product requirements to sell in Sobeys stores;
- Production considerations;
- The importance of marketing your product through social media, and;
- Considerations for environmental sustainability.
The presentations and panel discussions were followed by a “Meet the Trades” session in the afternoon which provided the participants with an opportunity to connect directly with service providers to get insights to help them grow their businesses and network with other suppliers.
Congratulations to the 2019 winners of Sobeys Ontario Supplier Awards!
Best new Local Supply Partner for 2019: Quinta Quinoa, https://quinta.ca/
Local Innovation 2019: Mighty Fine Food, https://www.mightyfinebrine.com/
Best Overall Local Supply Partner 2019: Cherry Lane, https://cherrylane.net/