OMAFRA’s Program to Raise Ontario Food International Trade (PROFIT) new-to-export workshop is a two-day event designed to educate Ontario agri-food and beverage manufacturers on exporting products to the United States (US).
PROFIT is only offered once a year and usually is held in Niagara Falls, ON (day 1 + overnight) and Buffalo, NY (day 2).
For more than 30 years, the PROFIT workshop has grown the success of hundreds of Ontario agri-food businesses by enhancing their market knowledge to export to the U.S.
Topics covered include:
- Preparing to Export and the Importance of an Export Plan
- Market Research
- Food Safety
- Nutritional Testing and Labeling
- Logistics and Transportation
- Financial Risk Management
- US Tax Laws
- Government Funding Programs
- Working with US Customs Brokers, FDA and USDA,
- Selling into the US
- Exporting to International Markets
- Experienced Exporter Panel
Registration for 2023 is now closed. The next session will be held in June 2024. Details including costs and how to register will be available in early 2024.
For more information about PROFIT or to speak to one of our Economic and Business Advisors, please contact the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .