The Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs has been delivering performance measurement resources and training to clients since 2011. Since that time, two guidebooks were published:
- Measuring UP! Performance Measurement for Economic Development
- Performance Measurement Resources for Agriculture and Agri-Food Organizations
We have combined these two resources into one updated guidebook, enhanced with specific examples where relevant.
A growing number of organizations are using performance measurement to track project activities and outcomes. Laying the groundwork to monitor a project, means that organizations can see when things are working to plan, and when adjustments need to be made. This is not an approach that prescribes what must be measured; organizations need to develop their own performance measures based on their project plans and situation.
This new guide, provides:
- A four-stage approach to developing a performance measurement framework.
- Key terminology is defined to build consistency and clarity
- Templates for logic model and performance measure
- Sample indicators/measures and data sources