Training on the Foundations for Regional Economic Analysis
Develop your expertise in municipal and regional economic data analysis for positive results! In this workshop you will learn data analysis techniques to identify your region’s top and emerging industries, in-demand occupations and supply chain opportunities.
The three-hour session will cover the foundations for regional economic analysis in a classroom style training, The topics that will be covered include:
- Getting started with regional economic analysis
- Understanding the role of data and where to find up-to-date data for driving economic development decision-making.
- Learning what economic development and workforce information is available through Lightcast Analyst
- Generating an economic profile of your municipality or region
- Identifying your region’s unique strengths and opportunities through such methods as determining location quotients (LQs) and performing trend and shift-share analysis.
- Identify competitive industries and supply chain opportunities
- Undertaking labour market analysis including In-demand occupations
Lightcast Analyst is an online tool that pools data from a range of sources to provide information on regional economies and workforces. It helps you better understand your region so you can make informed decisions.
Location: OITC Theatre (Ontario Investment and Trade Centre)
Date: February 7, 2023
Time: 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Register here: EDCO – Data for Economic Developers – Pre-Conference Session