In 2022 in Ontario the largest industry by employment was full-service restaurants and limited-service eating places. Since then this industry grew by five percent making it the fastest growing industry in Ontario in 2023. Although being the largest and fastest growing industry, average wages per job ranked near the bottom. Full-service restaurants and limited-service eating places appear to be climbing its way back to the top 10 percent of income earners for the province (a.k.a. money coming into the province). Job postings for Cooks has remained in the top ten in 2022 and has moved up two places so far in 2023 demonstrating strong demand for labour in this industry.
Find the highest ranked industries in your rural Municipality, County or Township by requesting an Analyst economic analysis software license from OMAFRA. You can request an Analyst account if you work for an organization like the following:
- local and regional government economic development office
- economic development corporation
- workforce planning board
- chamber of commerce
- business improvement area organization
Here are the steps to get your 30-day Analyst account:
- Fill out OMAFRA’s online request form.
- We’ll send you a terms and conditions agreement.
- You must return the agreement at least five business days before the end of the month.
- We’ll then email you login credentials by the beginning of the following month.
For more information please contact the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to an Economic and Business Advisor.