The 9th annual Municipal Agriculture Economic Development & Planning Forum is being held in Halton Region on October 18-19, 2017.
The forum is tailored to all those involved in municipal economic development and planning who have agriculture and food in their portfolio. Whether it’s farming, food processing, agri-tourism, equine, or agri-entrepreneurship in focus, this is an opportunity to network and share successes with your colleagues. We’ve prepared two jam-packed days of tours and speakers to showcase the experiences and insights of agri-businesses in the Halton Region and beyond.
Registration is now open – click here
What’s Possible & How to Create an Enabling Environment for Agriculture
Jump onboard for a full-day premium bus tour featuring visits to Terre Bleu Lavender Farm, a Ploughman’s Lunch at Springridge Farm, Gordon Food Service, Chudleigh’s, and Monaghan Mushrooms! Finish the day with dinner and networking at Country Heritage Park, brought to you by Fat Cat Catering.
Day two dives deeper into some of the principles and practices, issues and opportunities for agriculture economic development in Ontario. This is a full day of speakers including:
- Agriculture: A Key Economic Driver in Ontario – Rene Van Acker, Dean of Ontario Agriculture College, University of Guelph.
- Where are the investments being made in agriculture? – Perspective from a banker
- Young and Farming—Andrew Campbell, Fresh Air Farmer
- Enabling Agriculture in Your Community, panel discussion
- Anna Demarchi-Meyers, Region of Halton
- Cara Finn, Middlesex County
- Dr. Bronwynne Wilton, Wilton Consulting Group
- Ignite Presentations – Supporting a Thriving Agriculture Sector: Resources, Tools and Supports
- Alexandra Coccari, BioEnterprise Corporation Canada
- Susan Laung, Agriculture Commodity Council
- Alex Barlow, Mentorworks
- Danielle Collins, OFA & Ryan Deska, OMAFRA
- Exploring new resources to support the agriculture sector: “Agriculture as an Economic Development Opportunity” – Ryan Deska, OMAFRA
- Lightning Talks – Agriculture Style
- IAC Incubate, Accelerate, Commercialization: Incubation Agri-Food Collaborative – Franco Naccorato, Greenbelt Fund
- Tactics to Increase Local Food Procurement in Government Owned Facilities
- Soni Craik Christie, Golden Horseshoe Food and Farming Alliance
- Marianne Katusin, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
Registration is now open! Visit halton.ca to register today. Hotel details and the full agenda are also included. We encourage everyone to enjoy the whole experience and stay for the full event. If busy schedules prevail, we have broken down the registration into the following packages:
- DAY ONE – October 18 ― $80 plus HST (Includes: Halton Region Bus Tour with lunch from Springridge Farm and Dinner by Fat Cat Catering at Country Heritage Park)
- DAY TWO – October 19 ― $70 plus HST (Includes: Municipal Agricultural Economic Development Forum; Tour of Country Heritage Park Commercial Kitchen, Lunch and Local Food Refreshments)
- TWO-DAY PACKAGE ― $150 plus HST
Come be a part of one of this year’s premier events, connecting agriculture economic developers and planners from across the province!
This event is a partnership between the Region of Halton and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.