OMAFRA is partnering with Rural Oxford Economic Development Corporation to deliver a one-day training session focusing on stages one and two of the BR+E process. This training will take place in Embro, Ontario on Thursday April 26, 2018.
This training session is geared towards:
- individuals who are interested in managing or coordinating a community level BR+E project
- economic development professionals who will be involved in the implementation of a BR+E project
The objectives of the session are to provide attendees with:
- an understanding of the role of a BR+E project coordinator
- an overview of the benefits of BR+E and its role as a component of economic development
- the knowledge required to assess a community’s readiness for BR+E
- the skills required to effectively oversee and conduct business interviews
Continue reading BR+E Part 1 Coordinator Training in Embro
Strategic planning should be embedded into the regular operation of any organization. It helps organizations make sound decisions to guide its activities over time.
OMAFRA has partnered with the Ontario Business Improvement Areas Association (OBIAA) to deliver a free program to build organizational capacity using the Strategic Planning Train-the-Trainer (TTT) program. The program engages and trains a core team of volunteers from within the BIA to strengthen their leadership skills and build a network of support and collaboration that will assist them in creating a strategic plan for their organization.
To participate, BIAs must:
- Be willing to participate in the strategic planning process
- Have a commitment from the Board to the process
- Not be in a crisis situation
- Have five volunteers (the Core Team) that will commit to be trained to facilitate strategic planning
The program includes five hands-on sessions delivered via webinar, running on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm starting November 28, 2017 until March 2018. Volunteers will learn about each stage of OMAFRA’s strategic planning framework, and how it provides a foundation for the next stage. As homework, Core Team members will facilitate that stage of the strategic planning process with their own organization. If you missed the Lunch and Learn on October 24, the slide deck below provides an overview of the program:
Continue reading Strategic Planning is a Great way to Keep your Organization on Track.
The Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA) is a unique non-profit farm organization that represents all commodity groups across the province. They are leaders in producer education, local association development, program delivery and consumer outreach.
On February 7th, 2017, OSCIA held a “How to Run a Successful Meeting” session in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
The purpose of this session was to learn:
- Ways to work with different personality types at meetings
- How to make meetings more effective
Continue reading “How to Run a Successful Meeting” Highlights from the OSCIA Annual General Meeting
Take the OMAFRA course, Exploring Value Added Opportunities, to learn whether adding value to your products and services is right for your business. Register today for the March 31 workshop to be held in Sunderland, Ontario! Your registration fee includes resource materials, lunch and refreshments.
Ever wondered about turning your fruit into jam? Ever dreamed about making gourmet ready-to-eat meals with your produce?
Take the Exploring Value Added Opportunities (EVAO) course to help you increase your profits through the creation of new products and services or value-added opportunities at your farm or food business. Our course can help you: Continue reading Add Value to Your Agricultural Business: Learn How to Turn Your Ideas into Reality